Sunday, May 21, 2006

The World At Large.

I'm holding it in contempt for not opening itself fully to me. That's literally for the women of the world and metaphorically for the actual world. I know it's my own fault; I'm all too aware of that, but a grudge is what I hold none the less. I love the world. I fear it also, but mostly it's love. I want to see it. Even the dirty parts like Ghana and, I don't know, Ecuador*. I know I want to go to Tahiti. I want to go to Japan, even though I know I'll never be accepted there. I want to go to China even though I know I'll be solicited by orphaned children and prostitutes on every corner. I want to go to Englang even though it seems really boring. I want to go to Montana even though it's really flat and cold. I want to go Buenos Aires with my friend Greg even though I'm sure I'll be stabbed by a ten year old kid looking for a fix. I want to see the Andes, the Alps, the Great Wall, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, David Bowie, Natalie Portman, and The Rock. I want to be a man of the world. I want to teach kids to read in Mongolia and get a nasty foot infection that requires amputation. I don't know. I want to see where Hemingway wrote "The Short and Happy Life of Francis Macomber". I want to go to Cuba. Canada seems like it wouldn't be too bad. I definitely want to sleep with a mysterious woman in Vietnam. I want to romanticize delusions of marrying her even though I can't really understand the harsh and broken english she speaks. Maybe I would marry her. I'm dumb enough for that. Whimsy is what it's called. Sorry, not stupidity. I've got whimsy. I imagine it comes in handy when traveling.
Oh, and I never, ever want to go to Detroit. Nothing about that city seems appealing.
So, who's with me? Someone wanna go somewhere? Call me if you do. I'm hanging out in my room writing this and listening to records. I might get stoned and try to write a song or something.




* I actually know nothing of these places and jumped to conclusions. My bad.

No comments: