Saturday, May 13, 2006

Kids Say the Darndest Things Part One

On a Hike with fifth graders:

Me: Tuckerman's Ravine is only 200 yards away.
11 yr old girl wih pigtails: (under her breath) is that supposed to be fascinating?

(I'm handing out trail mix appropriately on the trail)
11 yr old Derek: This trail mix is 1910-style.

In the classroom while kids make a pangea flipbook:
some kid whose name I forget: Do you, like, dig Ms. White? You dig her! You TOTALLY dig her!!!
me: I've never spoken to Ms. White in my life.

The girls liked to pull the girls hair a lot.
Anthony: Make them stop pulling my hair.
Me: You shouldn't have grown it that long.

From the classroom, different instructor; same age:

Casey the Instructor: I'm talking about map and compasses. blah blah blah
(girl raises hand) Yes?
Girl: My grandmother's never made me pancakes.

oh yea, people get drunk in the mountains. a lot.
but bars are different here. they have curtains. The bars up here remind me of the scene in any movie where the crazy killer is calmly drinking a beer scoping out some young thang before he, you know, seduces her, kills her, and then throws her into the river. These are the bars where these people chill.

it's rained for four days straight.

send movies.

No comments: