Sunday, February 04, 2007

Essential Thrillers: A Brief List.

I like lists. I imagine you like lists, too. What a great way to spend a day off! You got cleaning to do? Make a list of chores! You want to lead a life of sexual debauchery/greatness? Make a list, son! There's more perversities out there than you can shake a boner at (put "ball-fucking" right at the top"). With this in mind, I have made a list of about 20 essential thrillers. Please bear in mind that this list is NOT final and was constructed hastily after my girlfriend placed her faith in me to show her good movies (of which I know a lot and she knows little). This is only the first list, there is also a "Fantasy" list and a "Treasures of Current Asian Cinema" list that will eventually pop-up. I'm hoping to get some help adding both current and older films to this list, so please, give me what ya got!

1. North By Northwest
2. Leon
3. Alien
4. The Manchurian Candidate
5. The Big Sleep
6. The Jackal
7. Notorious
8. High Noon
9. 3 Days of the Condor
10. The French Connection
11. Heavenly Creatures
12. Shadow of a Doubt
13. Patriot Games
14. Rope
15. The Silence of the Lambs
16. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Once again, if you have a suggestion, bring it. I'm open to anything.

No comments: